Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Soundtrack to my Life

"Live Like You Were Dying"- Tim McGraw- This song is very personal to me because it was played repeatedly at my cousin, Kevin's, funeral last April when he passed away after a year and a half long battle with pancreatic cancer. I always thought this song was upbeat and gave a good message, but I never really thought to hard about it until I heard it at Kevin's funeral. When Kevin was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2009 he decided to live every day to the very fullest since he knew he didn't have very much longer (just like the song). He accomplished some of the most amazing things and most importantly spread cancer awareness to numerous fire stations. Kevin was a firefighter, which was the likely cause of his cancer from breathing in all the smoke and debris. Every time I hear this song I think of Kevin and all the awesome things he accomplished when he was "living like he was dying" with no regrets and doing the things he always dreamed of doing. It inspires me to accomplish my dreams and to live every day to the fullest because you never know when it could be your last.

"All I Want For Christmas Is You"- Michael Buble- I am one of those people that only listen to Christmas music after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment